Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Termination of pregnancy - potassium chloride injection?

Based on the RCOG guidelines (Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology), at what gestational age is the injection of potassium chloride into the fetal heart recommended prior to induction of labour?
I don't want any pro-choice, anti-abortion answers, I'm not pregnant, and I'm anti-abortion myself. But I'm a medical student near final exams in a few days, and I necessitate to know - some places I've read 21 weeks, others 22 weeks.
Thanks for your help. For adjectives terminations at gestational age of more than 21 weeks and 6 days,the method chosen should ensure that the fetus is born dead. Inter-cardiac potassium chloride is the recommended method and the dose chosen should ensure that the fetal asystole have been achieve. It should be confirmed by observing the fetal heart by an ultrasound scan for 5 minutes. Additionally it is mandatory to confirm asystole by ultrasound scan 30-60 minutes AFTER the procedure and plainly before the tolerant leaves the hospital.
I thought the limit be 24 weeks?
u should be thinking about abort your baby - specifically cruel to do that.the baby didn't ask to be born.
It's used typically from 19-24 weeks on.

No comments:

Post a Comment